Broadmead Lower School works with staff, pupils and parents to create a school community which values the use of new technologies in enhancing learning, encourages responsible use of computers, and follows agreed policies to minimise potential e-safety risks.
We discuss, monitor and review our e-safety policy on a regular basis, linking it with other relevant policies such as Safeguarding, Pupil Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policies. We support staff in the use of ICT as an essential tool for enhancing learning and in the embedding of e-safety across the whole school curriculum.
We ensure that pupils are aware of the potential e-safety risks associated with the use of computers and mobile technologies, that pupils feel able and safe to report incidents and abide by the school’s e-safety policy.
- New advice from CEOPs on using parental controls can be found by clicking here.
- Advice about younger children sharing pictures and videos on line can be found by clicking here.
- Advice and information about parental controls on the X-Box can be viewed by clicking here.
- Advice and information about parental controls on the Playstation can be viewed by clicking here.
- Advice and information about parental controls on the Wii can be viewed by clicking here.
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk - An educational website designed specifically for young children, teachers and carers. Activities on this website can be enjoyed with your children, as well as information being provided to support parents
http://parentinfo.org/articles/all - Useful article from CEOPs and Parent Zone
http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/parents/ - An award winning website, providing useful information for parents as well as activities for children to enjoy and learn from
http://www.vodafone.com/content/parents/digital-parenting.html - The Digital Parenting website and magazines offer parents information and advice about the latest digital technologies and the kind of challenges children and teenagers might face in their digital world. Their Expert View articles, ‘How to’ guides and Take Action checklists will help you to stay up-to-date and feel more confident about getting involved with e-safety.
The Good Online Gaming Guide