Hi Bear Class,
I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing time off over the Easter holidays. If you have any work, pictures or anything else to share don’t forget you can email it into the class email email@example.com
Over the holidays, I have taken my dog out for some lovely walks in the countryside, read a few good books and enjoyed spending the sunny days out in my garden.
As the holidays are over, I am introducing you to our new topic which is going to be all about World War Two (WW2) and it is called ‘We’ll Meet Again’. I think you’ll really enjoy this topic as it will be quite interesting. Firstly, I would like you to listen to an announcement made by the Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain. If you use the link below it will take you to the recording.
So, WW2 began and now so does your learning. Below, I will list a few tasks I would like you to complete over this week and remember to send in your completed work.
- Create a book cover using the title of our topic We’ll Meet Again. You can do this by hand or using a computer. You could use paint, collage materials, pictures or colouring pencils to create your masterpiece.
- Gather key information about the war, you could present this as a thought shower, written paragraphs or bullet points. Why did WW2 start? Which countries were involved? When did it start and end? Who were the leaders of the different countries involved? Who were Britain’s allies? Allies means countries/military forces which work together.
- Create a detailed historical and geographical fact file about Germany.
So that you can link your fact file to geography please read the points below carefully.
Remember geography is about studying the natural world, human activity and the impact it has on the environment.
- You need to choose one physical feature and one human feature found in Germany to research and tell me about in detail.
Examples of physical features in Germany
- Mountain Zugspitze
- Rhine River
- Danube River
- Muritz Lake
Examples of human features in Germany
- Berlin Wall
- Bradenburg Gate
- Heidelberg Castle and Old Town
- Cologne Cathedral
So that you can link your fact file to history please make sure you include information about Wartime Germany. Tell me about the German cities which were affected by WW2 and how? Was there lasting damage to the cities and their features? What did people eat and drink? How did they stay safe? Who went to war to be a solider?
Fact files include;
- A title
- Factual information
- Pictures or diagrams with captions
If you have any questions or need any support please email me and I will do my best to help you. The most important thing is that you enjoy the tasks and do the best that you can. I know it might be a bit trickier completing school work at the moment.
Keep working on TTR, daily 10, top marks and spelling shed. Remember your reading too.
Stay safe and look after yourselves. I can’t wait to see your work!